So today was a day out with the family to the sea. So for today’s contraption is a photo edit on a nice picture I took on the way home.
So a couple of days ago I got a lot of drawing supplies. One of the first things i did was color in some of the drawings i made. So here’s the two that turned out best. The color is not quite even yet on the markers, but that’s just practicing with them I’m hoping;)
This Saturday I shall be hosting a party at Eden, for which a poster was needed. The results are shown here. A lot of what I have learned over the last few months is incorporated in the creation of it.
I’ve continued with my original character from yesterday, cleaning it up, making some of the adjustments I mentioned yesterday and given him a tentative name (I need to do some research on other usage of the name), Pete Pencilneck.
So I’ve been drawing a lot of known cartoons so far. All following strict guidelines on how to draw their faces, their bodies, everything. Not much original, but the purpose here was learning. So today I decided to try and make a character of my own. Something unique. In later versions I might make the front teeth less large, maybe the hair a bit smaller. The chinless neck will probably continue all the way down to one sock. But for now I do feel I’ve drawn a face with enough character that it could be something on its own.
Can you tell I love cartoons yet? Here’s another one, to partner yesterdays cow. The quality i think is a bit lower, but you can still recognize the very iconic characteristics I think.
When drawing cartoon style characters I have a habit of “sketching” every line. With this I mean that I draw a tiny bit of the line, and go back and forth over it applying little pressure to expand on it. I’ve been told that this is a bad habit and its better to make broader, more fluid lines. So today’s contraption was a little bit of an exercise in this. I’ve drawn Cow from Cow and Chicken, using mostly single lines. You do see some “double lines” because i went over it with a softer pencil to get a more black outline.
And for my second contraption I have remade something I made ages ago when I played the Matrix Online. It’s astonishing how much one forgets in the span of 10 years, I had to do quite a bit of research to get this to work again, but here it is. This little page/script tries to be a catchall for the most used codes, being a Caesarian shift (shift 1: a becomes b, shift 2, a becomes c, etc), same with reversed and finally a base64 decryption and encryption. Play with it yourself at http://www.rosered.org/Decode
Yesterday was a slacker day where I totally forgot to make a contraption, so today you’ll get a double shot again. I’ve been working with my 3d-pen to see if i could make a bit more complex wireframes. It’s still relatively simpel, but here’s the first contraption of today.
In a followup on the bucket I placed on my coworkers desk recently, I decided i wanted to mess with scale a bit. So I took a cup and mulitplied it, one tiny, one huge. This is where I realized that even though the cup comes from that image, scaling it will mess up the perspective. As one is higher and the other lower, the rim of the cup will be “rounder” and “flatter”. I tried to simulate this by distorting it, but I couldn’t go further than I have because the distortion would become too noticeable.